The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Additional pictures relating to "Le Mans"/McQueen

Posted By: jeff stein Date: 6/26/03 02:56 GMT

In Response To: Many large snapshots from the movie LeMans... (Chicagoland Chuck Maddox)

In honor of our friend Chuck Maddox, and in recognition of the enormous interest in all things related to Steve McQueen and the movie Le Mans, we have created an area of OnTheDash dedicated to Steve McQueen and Le Mans. Click the link below to visit this new area.

Um, Garsh... Thank you! Very cool...

As always, any additional contributions to this section will be welcomed.

Are we going to put the other screen snaps in the same section or are we going to split them up into various places? Lugo Bratte in the Jo Siffert memorial Autavia section for example...

Thanks, Jeff

Well, here are some LeMans related photo's I happen to have laying around:

Always thought that would make for a great Heuer Forum masthead for some reason...

Incidently, this is a painting of the actual 1970 LeMan's winner (when the race is set), it appears only briefly in the finished movie though...

I also have 8 Black & White still's from this era, not necessarily from the actual filming, that I can scan if there is suffecient interest...

Enjoy!

-- Chuck

P.S. I can tell you're still on Israeli time, because you're doing this so early in the morning! =)

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE