The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Depends on the model of Carrera doesn't it?
In Response To: steel bracelet for carrera? ()

: i just started become a heuer fan. i really
: love the way the carrera looks... but im
: curious... has anyone everyone ever tried
: putting a steel bracelet on one? is there
: anyway to get lugs for them?

Depends on the model of Carrera doesn't it? There have been so many variations of the Carrera that the answer is yes, but I assume that you are talking about the "Classic" Carrer or 1964 and re-Edition's... And the answer to that, for me, is no, not yet... I'm fairly certain that with a little work a bracelet similar to a Rolex Cosmograph or Omega Speedmaster can be adapted to look good on a Carrera, as well as some of the Forstmer "Komfit" mesh bands that Omega Speedmaster.

But I haven't tried too hard, as I own a number of similar watches that are on appropriate bracelets, and when I feel like wearing a bracelet I simply give one of them wrist time.

If you wish to have the convenience of a bracelet while retaining a leather strap, let me recommend the Double-Deployant with twin pushbutton release as sold over at Equation of Time. I bought about a half a dozen of those a couple of years back and I swear by them. I know that there have been other firms that offer similar products, but I haven't tried them out to see if they are of the same quality/value as the EOT deployant, they may/may not be.

-- Chuck

Messages In This Thread

steel bracelet for carrera?
Depends on the model of Carrera doesn't it?
Re: Depends on the model of Carrera doesn't it?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE