The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm afraid I have more questions than answers...
In Response To: Re: valued opinion ()

Chuck, its a quartz only not automatic

I was pretty sure it was... Kinda hard to tell with the description and pictures.

and its been previously listed at the same price, e-mailed the seller he will not budge with the price,

Ok, so there is no real advantage to wait and hope he'll come down in price in a later listing or after the auction.

got to admit i like these earlier models much more than the current ones Tag Heuer produce now,

I think that is a nearly universal feeling among collectors for the vast majority of the current TAG-Heuer models and lines.

i already own a 1000 series but with the Tag Heuer markings.

So you are familiar with the family and enjoy the series.

Sorry, i have been checking out this site for some months now and of course posted this without first thinking most people active on this forum, if not all, are mostly interested in the chrono automatic watches produced by Heuer,

Why apologize? Just because most of the people here are most enthused about chronographs and mechanical movements, and Heuers, there is no reason at all to apologize for asking for advice on something that is, perhaps... a little exotic compared to the norm! This is the place to do that. Please feel free and welcome to do so.

so sorry for that but i appreciate your views and others.

Again, no reason to apologize at all. And I am sorry if I gave you the impression that I was in any way expressing or subconciously conveying my acknowledged lower experience level on this topic in a way that came across as "talking down" or being negative in anyway to quartz or non-chronographs. For that was not my intention in any way. For what it's worth, I own quite a few Quartz and Tuning Fork timepieces myself...

Its just there are no other sites that entertain heuer forums,

While there are no other dedicated Heuer forums out there currently we can revel that we finally have, thanks to Jeff and Derek, a place to call our own and we hope to be here for the long haul. And it is certainly good to be here!

take care all and i will keep checking back to get your combined knowledge on all the watches you so own, Thanks, James.

I personally hope that you do. We would love to see any interesting pieces you have in your collection. And as the record shows, you can feel free to post non-Heuer examples too! Lord knows I have!

Back to the watch. Where were we? Oh yes... There's no sense in waiting for the auction to end to make an offer or for the seller to relist. So the question to you is, do you like the watch enough to part with the $600 or so it would take to have it shipped to you? Do you have better places to put that cash? Is there something else you're looking for that you will have to sacrifice a serious bid on if it's posted after you commit to this watch?

Again, I am afraid I have more questions for you than answers. In the end the decision is a value judgement, and the best person to make value judgements for you is you. I/we can pose a lot of questions that can clear/cloud the issue for you, there is a lot to consider before making a committment. At least in this example there are a goodly amount of "extras": box, papers, instructions, original warrantee papers, recent restoration, etc. and the condition looks prime.

Feel free to ask followups, I'm sure I can come up with more questions! =)

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE