The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Ah good. I didn't think I had, but...
In Response To: Re: No not at all!!! ()

No not at all!!!

Chuck, i honestly never took your reply as talking down in any way, my apology was just in case the question was not put in the right place or specific to this forum,

Ah good. I didn't think I had, but it is easy to mistake someone's meaning in a typed means of communication. We don't convey visual or audial cues like we would on the phone or radio or in person that will give one a sense of the manner in which the person is conveying their thoughts.

And we do need to revise the masthead to be more open and less exclusionary for both older (than 1930) and newer (TAG-Heuer and 1985) timepieces... We talked about doing that in the past, but haven't gotten around to revising the masthead. Our error, not yours.

i have been on many sites where you get major grief for posting in the wrong place and ask questions that sound dumb to those that obviously have the knowledge but not the manners, which i know you do have.

Hopefully that will never happen here, and hasn't happened here. The only really dumb questions are a) the one you don't ask, b) the one you should already know the answer to because of common sense (The question "are you busy? in the workplace will likely never be answered with "I have no idea why they are paying me to exchange oxygen for CO2 for that's all I'm doing!") or that it was already because it is in a FAQ (which we don't have yet) or was just answered within the last day in the forum.

Neither is the case with your posting, so you're in the clear! =) And for shame to all those other sites where people lambast people who make such queries. Helping each other out should be one of the major reasons for participation.

Thanks for firing the questions back at me, it will give me something to mull over, will let you know if i commit, speak soon, James.

If we can't answer them outright, or direct you to more information on the subject, if we can provoke greater thought or insight for topic at hand, we'll take it!

For what it's worth. I doubt you'll find a nicer example of this model, you might find a similar condition for less money after a prolonged search, but you might not as well. If you really like the watch, the enjoyment of ownership will last far longer than you miss the money that you think might be a premium to purchase it, if my experience is any guide.

Best of fortune with whatever you decide.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE