The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Finally saw one of the new Autavias today...

Finally saw one of the new Autavias today... Interesting watch. My local Jared's had just got in the "Halloween" edition so my watch guy there gave me a call about 2:30pm. Since he was just about to head to lunch I cruised by about 4pm.

Impressions, the bracelet is very thick, and solid... Very sturdy. I didn't try it on, I'd be worried that all of those sharp edges might make for an uncomfortable bracelet, but one thing that TAG does a very good job on it's their bracelets. The Bezel is definately fixed as opposed to the original's rotatable Tachy bezel, the pushers are the "crystal" shaped one's popularized on the Monaco Re-Issue. I brought my 7736 white dial/black sub to compare with the new model. The bezel is definately not as wide and this width is granted to the dial which is noticably bigger. The case is slightly thinner than the Vintage Autavia's, and the watch is certainly not light...

A nice watch, it's ashame they didn't come out with a model with a 12-Hour Subdial... I'd consider something like that.

-- Chuck

P.S. Thanks Jeff for posting the included picture way back when to break up all this boring text!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE