The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

ChronoMaddox

A forum for discussing the life and legacy of Chuck Maddox

Chuck must be laughing...

It's no secret that Chuck had a fondness for PVD chronographs. For years, he tried to convince me to give one of those a try, and I never relented. To me, PVD was not durable enough, and too often an otherwise great vintage watch would end up looking like it had been stored in a bucket of coal.

But a couple of weeks ago, I found myself putting a bid for a 510.501 TAG Heuer in excellent condition. The price was right, and I figured that if I could get it I would at last find out what the hype is all about.

I am wearing this chronograph as I type this, and guess what, I love this watch! I can already picture Chuck having a good laugh and thinking "I told you so"... Well, you were right my friend.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE