The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

A discussion forum for chronographs, dive watches and other tool-type wristwatches and timepieces

This forum is for DISCUSSING tool type watches within following categories:
Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the ChronoTrader Policies and Terms of Use. Learn more about How To Include Photos In Your Postings. No FOR SALE, WANT TO TRADE and other ADs--they belong in our ChronoTrader Sales Forum.

Scan Day / Weekend -- Chuck's Watches

This coming Friday / Weekend, we will have a special Scan Day, to show the watches that our readers associate with Chuck Maddox. This is a very open-ended topic, and I expect to see a variety of approaches in the responses. Here are some ideas:

• the watch or watches that Chuck "made you buy", either by something he said, something he wrote, or maybe a photo that he posted
  • the watch that Chuck taught you about, so that you "had to have" one
  • the watch that you know Chuck respected or admired
  • the watch that Chuck might have named (EOG, Grail, Half-a-Chronograph, etc.)
  • any other watch or watches that you think of, when you think of Chuck

I know that there will be many other tributes to Chuck, but maybe it's time for Chronocentric readers to do what I believe Chuck would have wanted us to do: try, each of us in our own way, as we see fit, to move beyond the grieving, and resume posting, scanning, writing, shooting, debating, chatting, charting and otherwise sharing our love of vintage chronographs!!

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE