The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: UK AD Referral Request/Recommendation

I was a little disappointed when I showed interest in my Omega SMP at a Beaverbrooks. The staff didnt really seem to know a lot about them, they literally just handed me the watch to look at. I then found a AD in Mansfield, who spent a good half hr talking me through the history of the line, Omega in general and really made me feel like I was potentially making a special purchase. I felt under no pressure to buy and visited him a couple more times over a few weeks just to 're-familiarise' myself with the watch before I made my decision. It was a mid-sized quartz, retailing @ £800 and before I had even asked about a discount, he said that their actual price for the watch was £645, a 20% saving without even haggling and this was for a credit card payment, not cash. Had I understood the AD world a bit more at the time, I would have tried for more, but at the time was very happy with this. If you would like details for the AD then let me know.

: I have personally bought 4 Omegas for family
: members, thro' Beaverbrooks without any
: problems.
: If you go for cash, expect 15 - 20% off, from a
: lot of the main dealers, including
: Beaverbrooks.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE