The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Moon Watch Thoughts
In Response To: Moon Watch Question ()

Moon Watch Question Posted By: Mario <bigchief45ca@yahoo.ca> Date: 3/25/06 04:48 GMT

I recently bought an Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch however I cannot find the serial number on the outside of the watch. I checked the slugs and outside of the case but I cant find them. Is it possible that the serial number is inside the case?

It depends upon the age of the moonwatch you bought. Any legitimate moonwatch bought after 1996 or so should have a Serial Number laser etched on the back of the 7 o'clock lug. If it doesn't have a serial number on the 7 o'clock lug, the watch is either an earlier vintage moonwatch or it's had the serial number defaced off the watch (if you bought it from a Gray Marketeer or a shadier dealer), or never had a serial number (it's a fake).

The watch is new an I have the warranty card.

It sounds to me you should get your watch returned to the place/person you sold it to, especially if you're having problems with it.

Also when I reset the chronograph the hour's had doesn't reset complete to the 12' O'clock position, I have to press hard in order to reset it. Is this normal?

It should reset smoothly with a single push of the reset pusher. If it does not, it likely needs cleaning, lubrication and/or adjustment. Something a new watch will rarely need, unless it's been in a display cabinent for a number (read 3 or more) years.

It sounds odd.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hope this helps!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...  

Watch Article Index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Messages In This Thread

Moon Watch Question
Moon Watch Thoughts
Take it back
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE