The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Agreed, we have no data to even discuss...

Excellent discussion guys! I just wish that the topic was a little different.... I'd like to say that Omega needs to reprioritize. As Georges pointed out, the latest years show that Omega is pooling all of its resources into marketing and manufacturing new (and not necessarily better) watches. Support for the 33xx seems lacking. Even though we don't have the current 33xx to 'test,' the fact remains: Omega is destroying its own image by not dealing with the situation fast enough. If Omega fought the 33xx problems correctly, we wouldn't be taking about this right now.

I'm loyal to Omega, but the 33xx problems just keep popping up and they need to be stopped now.

It remines me of another company: Hewlett Packard. HP used to be a great calculator manufacture, but now it has utterly lost its US market to Texas Instruments becuase of failing products. Their calcs used to be made in the US and when they started using cheap labor, everything came apart.....

I will always be a RPN and HP fan, but I truely wish that HP could and would turn things around......

I sure hope that Omega is reading this....... and reacts...........

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE