The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I Have Come To HATE Ebay...

: Sometimes you see the same guys selling fakes
: under other nicknames, ebay probably doesn't
: care about those problems.

This is one of the reasons I cancelled my ebay account. I also found that every time I bid on a watch, I'd get a fake "second chance offer" by e-mail. I'd report it to ebay, nothing would happen, and it would happen again and again every time I bid on a watch. Surely one of the largest websites in the world has the resources to do a better job than they are doing. They aren't shy about raising their fees, yet security issues with their site only get worse and worse.

The last straw was when I bid on a used Bond SMP quartz a while back. It was only selling in the $600 range. Anyway, I failed to notice that the seller said in small print that you had to have at least 10 positive feedbacks to bid. I only had 7, but they were all positive. She sent me a nasty e-mail telling me I was ruining her auction and then reported me to ebay after cancelling my bid. I got an e-mail from ebay telling me I needed to review their bidding policies to avoid having my account suspended. I sent ebay an e-mail telling them to kiss my @ss and to cancel my account.

To add insult to injury, the SELLER didn't even have 100% feedback, and she wouldn't accept MY bid. That $600 watch would have been the cheapest Omega in my collection. I acknowledge I made a mistake in not seeing her fine print in the item description, but the way it was handled was WAY out of line. A polite, "I cannot accept your bid because...." would have sufficed. Ebay will never get a penny from me again.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE