The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Omegaitis - A sudden relapse.

A year or so ago I suffered an attack of Rolexitis but recovered quickly after the purchase of a GMT II Master.
However I was warned at that time to stick with my older quartz watches as there were more virulent forms of this illness.
Alas, I paid no attention to this sound advice. Last November, after a visit to an Omega AD concerning the servicing of my wife's gold Omega Ladymatic, the dreaded Omegaitis virus struck me down.
After several weeks of mental torture the only cure was the purchase of a James Bond Seamaster 2531.80.
Life returned to normal after this until today, when my wife sent me to the local jeweller ( who also happens to be the Omega AD who sold me my 2531.80 ) to have a new battery fitted into her working quartz watch.
In the shop the AD showed me the Planet Ocean and once I had in in my hands the dreaded complaint struck again with greater intensity than before.
I knew there was only one cure and left the shop with my wife's watch, the one on my wrist and a new Planet Ocean.
Having smuggled the new item into the house I'm wondering how long it will be before she notices the new watch with its bright orange strap on my wrist.
Is there any permanent cure for this affliction -would yoga or hypnotherapy help to cure it ?
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Total watch score is now 4 automatics and 2 quartz.

Messages In This Thread

Omegaitis - A sudden relapse.
Re: Omegaitis - A sudden relapse.
No cure.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE