The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I am nost astonished by Ebay and more thaughts
In Response To: Now I'm gutted... :-( ()

Hi Steve

I have checked three years ago bidjan's website where he proposed one for $1800 but with a very ridiculous warranty of 3 months.In 2005 I rechecked the same item and saw its price at $3000!!! $3000 for a watch with only a three months warranty and I am not even sure it was correctly serviced. I also have seen one at Timeman unserviced and at $2500 with no warranty!!!! Those prices are irrealistic seriously especially when a watch is not serviced nor in perfect condition (not the smallest ding, scar and original dial and hands with original lume) and not warrantied. It is like restoring a car it will cost you more to restore and or repair a very average condition car than buying one in excellent condition, serviced and warrantied.
Now about Ebay,it is a buy at your own risk game,most of the items have very often patined dials,unserviced movements (sometimes wrong movements),no warranty,unoriginal bracelet and buckles and sometimes you can have the baddest surprise like a ruin to restore.
From an experience that happened to a friend who baught a datejust from a power seller and got burned.It taught me some good things that not all people who are calling themselves "professionals" are really professionnals. They are not all proposing a real customer service (refund policy I don't call that customer service), no warranty (very often the item is sold in as is condition)and they are not watchmakers but collectors. An amateur however good he might be will never be considered as a true profesional.
Those are my thaughts and everyone can agree or disagree with them. (to take with two grains of salt)

regards and have a nice day

georges

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE