The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Mid-size PO vs. Full-size SMP

: Frank,
: Please call me John. Mr. Rochowicz makes me
: feel so......OLD!!!! The Planet Ocean has
: always come in two sizes, though neither one
: is called "mid size" or "full
: size". They are simply referred to as
: 42mm and 45.5mm. If you look at Omega's
: website, model 2201.50.00 is the 42mm black
: bezel model on a bracelet. Model 2200.50.00
: is the 45.5mm model of the same. Both models
: retail for $3400 US.

: I will see what I can do about getting a
: picture posted sometime today (unless
: someone else beats me to it). I can tell you
: that the 42mm PO and the full-size SMP have
: the same caseback diameter. The PO is both
: thicker and heavier since it has twice the
: water resistance of the standard SMP.
: However, in terms of overall diameter, they
: are the same size.

John,

Thanks for the clarification on the PO and your quick response. Now I’m tempted on adding the 42mm to my collection. When I walked out of the store with the full size SMP, I though I had made the wrong decision because it felt too big on my wrist. After a while, I got so used to the full size SMP, I had to retire my old TAG F1. Whenever I wear my TAG it just feels and looks so small that it bothers me. I think 42mm is just the right size for me. I wouldn’t buy anything smaller unless it’s a watch I will strictly wear with formal attire.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE