The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Here's Some Info..
In Response To: thanks for that ()

Hi Seddon,

OK, you have an F300 Seamaster Chronometer.

F300 refers to the movement, which has a "tuning fork" movement. Why 300 ? Because the tuning forks vibrate at 300 hz. If you hold it to your ear, when its running, you should hear it "hum".

Work colleagues , friends & family will look at you like an idiot, when you do it for the 25th time on the same day, but that's never stopped me yet :-)

These movements were basically the predecessor to the quartz movement.

IMHO the best website to read for Info on F300's is Rob B's Accutron site . The Accutron / Bulova/ Omega movements were all very closely related.

At the time this was probably the best & most accurate movement available.

I'm not sure of the exact age of your watch, but the movement was available from 1972 onwards ( 98,000 were made )

As far as I know almost all f300's were chronometer rated.

As to the actual watch. It's not a watch that I have any practical experience of. I may add one to my collection one day though.

That particular model seems to have been quite popular. I have 3 adverts on my website featuring it ( OK these versions don't havethe day, just a date feature, but it's basically the same watch )

f300 adverts, scroll down to Concorde & look after that .

Here's one of the pages

If you check out the prices ( in the concorde advert ), you'll see it cost more than the PloProf & the Speedmaster of the same period. Unfortunately current prices don't reflect this.

Your watch looks to be original. It has the correct hands, dial & bracelet.

All in All a fine example of one of Omegas best watches of the time.

Enjoy it.

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE