The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Here's some info

Hi Jon,

I have 2 of these & my brother has one too.

All of these are fitted with a 1010 movement.

The Museum Catalogue lists the watch with a 1010 movement.

As far as I know, the only difference between the 1010 & the 1012 is the number of jewels.

I'm not sure if the 1012 movement was ever fitted to this watch. I know of an Omega collector who had a 166.0250 which I believe was fitted with a 1012. This guy usually gets a "Certificate of Authenticity" from Omega, naybe he got one for this watch. I'll check.

Here's a scan from an original Omega Brochure.

As you can see the hands on the watch you show are identical to those in the brochure. If the hour/ minute hands do NOT have black ends, they are the wrong hands ( probably from a PloProf ).

If the Minute hand is white, it has faded.

As for the Bracelets. I have seen this model on the Mesh bracelet, as your picture & brochure or an 1162 bracelet. I have not seen any other bracelets fitted to this watch.

As for sources, I see you know of Watchco ( you're using their picture ), apart from them I'd suggest eBay. But to be honest, I don't visit many dealers sites, so I wouldn't know who to recommend.

All I'd say about Watchco, is that they tend to take new cases & swap the contents from another watch. Notice the Luminous Dot in the bezel triangle ? None of the 3 examples that I've handled have that.

Also, see the Hour marker at 12:00 ? In the brochure & my examples, it is 2 luminous blocks. Not in the Watchco example.

I've never seen any fakes.

Prices ? anything upto Watchco prices ( about $2000 ), but the last 2 I saw in eBay with a BUY IT NOW of about $1700 didn't sell.

Finally, Eric So has written a small review of the watch, Eric' review available here. The hands have faded in Erics example & the lume is missing from the second hand.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

All the Best

Steve

Messages In This Thread

Need Help on Seamaster 120m 166.0250> *PIC*
Here's some info
Hi Steve, thanks>>
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE