The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

here's some Info *PIC*

Hi Martin,

I found some info on your watch.

Firstly lets decipher the numbers you gave us.

I think the movement numbers are 46576767 & 1430.

1430 is the quartz caliber & 46576767 is the serial number

Using Chucks Serial number chart this dates the watch around 1984. That fits perfectly with the following Info.

I think the case numbers are 196.0291 & 396.0981

I looked these up in the Omega museum Catalogue & found the following Info.

OMEGA Seamaster Titane, 1983:
Quartz calibre 1430, titanium and palladium case, water resistant to 120 m, screw-in crown, anti-reflection sapphire crystal, matching bracelet. (TT 396.0981)

a few lines prior to this is the text...

Seamaster Titane("Polaris") collection, 1982
A line of quartz watches with screw-in crown, water resistant to 120 m, case and bracelet in titanium, an ex­tra-light metal which is hard as steel and extremely re­sistant to corrosion and scratches due to a self-re­gen­er­ating tough oxide film; a material difficult to work with yet inlaid with a delicate strip of 18 k pink gold or, beginning in 1983, of palladium (an equally hard pre­cious metal whose silvery white Ulster con­trasts subtly with the darker tones of the titanium).

I put the relevant section in Italics

So I think THIS describes your watch & it appears the watch is made of Titanium & Palladium ( not platinum )

I also found a couple of watches in a German Catalogue from 1984 that I have.

Here they are

I would guess your model is the middle one. The others look to be smaller/ladies versions. The catalogue & price list show these models were all available with a diamond dial. ( hmmm lovely :-( )

According to the September 1984 price list, the middle watch ( without diamonds ) cost 2250 Deutsche Marks ( with diamonds - 2950 DM )

For comparison, from the same pricelist, a speedy pro on a bracelet cost 1350 DM.

I THINK I have an advert featuring your watch somewhere. If I ever find it ( yes , I am that disorganized ) I will scan it & show it.

Finally, I have also seen the box that your watch should come in. Its hard to describe, but the inside of the box looks like the case design, with titanium & gold/palladium inserts.

I hope this helps

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE