The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: I'll Second THAT...
In Response To: I'll Second That... ()

: In fact, it always angers me when Chuck is so
: viciously attacked over on timezone for
: simply stating the facts about the 33xx
: series. Those that defend the movements are
: only giving their opinions , but Chuck has
: taken the time to actually compile the data
: to document the 33xx failures. Thus, Chuck's
: posts are based on actual real-world data,
: not mere hypotheses or "gut
: feelings".

: In fact, things have become so nasty that I
: have seen Chuck attacked by people who say
: that "Chuck must be happy to see
: another 33xx series failure to add to his
: blog." Give me a break!!! We would ALL
: love to see Omega and Piguet get their acts
: together and fix these movements once and
: for all. How do any of us benefit from
: buyers spending thousands of dollars on
: watches that break?

: In response to Felix's post, I honestly don't
: think that Omega cares what we, the
: consumers, have to say about their QC
: shortcomings. After all, we had over 240
: people sign a petition to get my AD
: reinstated, and many of the signers also
: wrote personal letters to Omega. Not one
: person, myself included, received any reply
: from the powers that be at Omega. Even if
: Omega didn't agree with our petition, they
: could have offered us the courtesy of a
: reply.

: I think Omega has an agenda, and making
: improvements based on what loyal and
: knowledgeable consumers have to say is not
: part of it.

The people who are attacking Chuck obviously don't know what they're talking about - they are the people that jump to conclusions without even considering all of the different POVs. Personally, I believe that Omega should cease production of the 33xx until they figure out what they're doing wrong.... Or since it's apparent that customers can't write to Omega for action, they should just ignore all 33xx cals.... Sale drops - if anything - should get their attention.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE