The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Chronotools? We never even launched that one!
In Response To: Moderators..... ()

Moderators.....

Posted By:
Joey

Date: 10/26/06 06:12 GMT

I would first like to thank all of you guys for the massive help/contribution that you've given to the Omega Community since the late Derek Ziglar. We can't even imagine how busy your lives are.......

Correct, you can't even imagine! TZ and WUS are run by a big group of people. C|OTD is only a few guys...

On another, but related, note I have noticed that Zowie's sister forums (namely Chronocentric's Counterfeit Watchers and especially, ChronoTools) are being plagued by spammers.

I do try every weekday morning to visually scan the forums for spam. Sometimes I'm way-laid by email, or forum threads or in the case of this morning Tree Trimmers phoneing me at 7:03am (over a dozen minutes before Sunrise I'll note <==GRRRRRR!).

If it's REALLY bad, email me. Otherwise I'll try to get to it as soon as I can.

Is there any way (that's not time consuming of course) for you guys to wipe them out?

I'd love for there to be a way to block them in the first place. But these bozo's are pretty insistant with thir garbage.

I do realize however that this might just be a futile effort because 'they'll' just keep coming again and again though. Also, while ChronoTools is full of spammers

Chronotools? We never even launched that one! I guess the cat's out of the bag then on that one!

Unfortunately, I don't have Admin privledges to do anything about posts there.

This is what happens when you don't take good care of your moderators, boys and girls!

(almost EVERY post is an watch unrelated ad) relatively few, if any, post there......

Well, like I said, we never got the chance to launch ChronoTools... Derek put himself to sleep before we could finalize that one, that there is a link up there is an artifact of some sort...

Since we never launched that forum, and it's not really an official forum... So for now... Why don't we all treat that forum as a lawless saloon in the old west... If you don't want to see the spam (or gunfights) within, just don't go in there!

So basically it come down to this:

ChronoTools is almost dead......

Almost dead? We don't even have a birth certificate for it!

Is it worth to revive it and keep it 'alive'?

Once we can get administrative tools to deal with the situation we can do something about it. Until we do, we (or at least I) am a passenger just like you.

Thanks.

Sorry!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Watch Article index http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,x
Watch Blog http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.
Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE