The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

my reply

1) so what a watch winder website says is true for you? Looks like I will never agree with you. I will wait Omega's answer.

3)ok

4) He services all brands and even restores, recreates spareparts for watches of brands that have disappeared. He is considered as the best master watchmaker of France.
I regulated three watches myself: my 1930 Omega pocket watch, a 1965 Baume et Mercier and a 1896 Longines, I changed batteries in two watches as well, and whanged bracelt on some friend watches as well.
Rolex superior claims? No ask any watchmaker what are the most reliable and more robust movements on the market? You will see the answer.
Casio is a disposable product it is not like a luxury watch so it is not comparable. For a mechanical watch the cosc certificate proves the extreme accuracy of the watch.RGM isn't sold in Europe so it is a revelant brand, it is a broad focused on the US Market mainly, the etas used in the RGM are decorated but don't offer a technical revolution and are far to offer the robustness of a 3135.Maurice Lacroix, Panerai, TAG, Bell & Ross and otehr firms use this movement but it doesn't mean the quality of their modified eta is closed to the 3135.
How many etas are certified chronometers as compared to the 3135?
About nearly 600000 calibres 3135 certified each year + 200000 calibres 2235 certified it is much more in terms of produced chronometer than all the etas certified as chronometer. Not to mention that rolex are since decades known to satisfy to cosc tests.
I don't like the etachron regulation system, I prefer a swan neck or a triovis or a rolex microstella regulating system, it is more stable and more reliable than the etachron.
5) a) not the case here, there have been quite a number of people who had problems with their 1120b) the review is one thing, the watchmakers opinions and their testimonials is another.
the 3303 has been know to have lot of problems and they are far to be fully resolved. Despite their better finish the 2500 and the 1120 have not the same durability as a 3135 or a 3035.
6)ok
8)a)using the same base movement as everyone else is not being a manufacture. When Omega was manufacture, it made far better movements than by using etas than you see everywhere.Omega made its first inhouse series of movements with 28800 bph in the 1970's cal 100x, 101x, 102x and 103x
b)using the same movements than everyone else is not the sign of making better watches.
9)You make to much claims buy trying to compare a modified eta to a movement which is a reference since 18 years, nonsense.Rolex have always been known for their robustness and incredible accuracy of their movements over decades that is why they are superior.I can't compare seiko to rolex.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE