The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Wow !!

Wow David !

Now that IS nice ! ( not that your others aren't ).

I have a 105.003 too & have actually been wearing it for the last couple of weeks.

Does yours have a silver inner ring ? It's hard to tell from the pic.

Mine doesn't. It should have & it makes a MASSIVE difference IMHO.

Here's a post you should look at

There is a great head on pic of Gino's 105.002 in there, showing the silver inner ring.

The rings are attached to the crystals & available new from Omega. Chuck & I both use the same "parts man" in the US & I can let you have the part number. Mine cost me about 30 Euros. ( it's not fitted yet )

Another question. is your dial flat ? ( except for the subdials ) Mine has a "step" around the ends of the minute markers. I have heard "rumours" that some dials are flat.

Here's a link to a Babelfish translated japanese speedy website which talks about flat versus stepped dials. scroll down to the section talking about "letter boards" ( dials ).

As for the bezel. I'd leave it. I think some patina/scars on a watch give it character. There is obviously a stage when a watch gets passed "character" & becomes "busted up". Yours is GREAT & has character ( IMHO ). I'd leave it as is.

Once again a great find !

S.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE