The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

one can say the same though in terms of
In Response To: In defense of Rolex ()

reliability and accuracy though, heck I have had four Invictas and three Rolex watches and they were all about as durable and as accurate..not to mention the countless seikos and other lower end/cost watches which are reliable and accurate...I think when spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on a wristwatch, especially one which is designed as a sports/casual piece reliability and accuracy should be implied and finish work should be focused on...

I have owned three Rolex watches and honestly in retrospect wish I had gone with my gut and bought an Omega instead of walking down the Rolex path as it has led to nothing but disappointment...sure they were all accurate and reliable but their attention to detail was poor, their braclets and clasps a joke, and their resale wasn't much better and in the case of my latest piece is far worse than had I purchased an Omega at a nice discount and decided to sell...

This isn't meant as a bash to Rolex just rather my first hand experience and disappointment with their product and their service...I had two pieces with problems, the first they tried to fix and butchered, this was sold as it was just never the same...bought a Sub as a replacement and it again isn't perfect in the finish department, wrote to them and they told me too bad....not the response I was looking for on a 4500 steel watch from a company like them...

Personally I think they are an arrogant company which has little regard for their customers...their bracelets on most models are a joke when compared to watches which cost much less, possibly purpose built back in the 70s when much of everyone else was using a similar design but long since left in the dust. The sad thing is that the Rolex Sub was my grail watch and it left me sadly disappointed....oh well.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE