The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

I have no practical experience of it.

Hi Augsix,

I have no practical experience of the watch. I did write a tiny overview of it here -> Schumacher 2002 model

All I can add is that the movement has been used in various other Omega models & I have never read any reports of problems with this movement.

As for collectability.

I don't have a glass ball to read the future, but as with most things, the second hand ( Pre-owned if you like ) value of these has dropped considerabely. I don't know when the value of the watch will rise to above the initial purchase price ( Inflation adjusted of course ! )

Obviously, if you are buying pre-owned, make sure it comes with ALL paperwork , boxes etc etc. This will dramatically effect the collectability value later.

This watch is a chronograph ( has sub dials ) & NOT a chronometer ( Officially tested by an independant body for extreme accuracy ). This does NOT mean it is inaccurate, it just hasn't been tested.

5555 is a "reasonable" number of watches. Not SO rare that you never find one & no-one has heard of them, but not so common that they are everwhere. So this may keep interest alive. Also there is the Schumacher connection. Schumacher fans who normally have no interest in watches, will also enjoy this item. Who knows fathers may buy this watch for their son born in 2002 in the future.

You just don't know what will make a watch become more collectable in the future.

My "advice". I guess you can't find one of these new now. So you're probably looking at pre-owned. If it's nice , complete & the "right" price for you. BUY IT.

Wear it ( carefully ), enjoy it, look after it. And, who knows it may be worth more in the future. If not & you bought wisely, you should at least break even & have had a really cool watch for a few years.

Let us know what you decide.

Steve

Messages In This Thread

Micheal Schumacher F1 Limited Edition
Re: Micheal Schumacher F1 Limited Edition *PIC*
I have no practical experience of it.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE