The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: absolutely spiffing ! * LINK*

Hi Eric,

Howdy Steve!

Isn't it a GREAT brochure !

I'll say! You have a lot of excellent brochures, but this one's especially cool. The painted hand holding a sphere, the shades of purple, it's screams 80s, to me. Oh, and those Speedies aren't bad, either. I'd never seen those two-tone dial Pros before. It just reminds me how little I know.

I agree with the points you've picked up on. The Bi-metalic speedmaster professionals are great ! & they weren't THAT expensive then.

Which makes me wonder about the construction. Are they gold plated dials?

You rarely see these in the Bay. I'd hate to think what one would cost now (although, since few people know of therie existance the prices might stay reasonable, since most people would assume they are fakes)

Hurry, bury this thread!!!

The ... MK IV ?? This is the second German brochure that I have showing "that" model as a MK IV. I haven't scanned the other brochure in. It's a large booklet & would be a few hours work :-( but here's the relevant page.

Very cool and interesting. Mk IV, Mk V, I think I'm going to start calling it the "No-Mark" Speedmaster =)

What also "dawned on me" as I posted/worked on the brochure is :- Chuck has a black dialed, two tone cased Teutonic on his Hooked on Teutonics page . I have never seen this model in a catalogue or any kind of Omega literature. Is it possible that it is a "normal" two tone watch that has had a black dial fitted ?
I'll ask the Maestro himself.

I think that's a legitimate question, though, as you noted, the steel black dial 861 is also missing.

Unfortunately the strap material / bracelet numbers aren't mentioned anywhere in the brochure.

No biggie. They just look like 1171s to me. You can see here that the 1450 has much rounder links and end pieces than the 1450.

If they are 1171s, I didn't realize they were used through the 80s but, as has been shown, there's plenty I don't know.

Can you belive the two-tone 861 Teutonic cost MORE than the MK V ! I wish I could go back in time !

Tell me about it! Maybe you our Chuck have some insight as to why. Was the cal 5100 that much less to produce at the time?

I had a real bummer of a day yesterday at work. finding the E-mail/scans (from Richard Grimmel ) in my in-box really turned it around :-)

It brightened my day, too! Again, big thanks to you and Richard for sharing!

All the Best

Steve

Same to you!

eric

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE