The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: seamaster 2531.80
In Response To: seamaster 2531.80 ()

: hi there. im new to this forum and im currently
: contemplating my first omega purchase.
: favourite at the moment is the 2531.80 and
: whilst researching online i seem to have
: come across two separate instruction manuals
: that appear to be availible with this watch.
: one is a red hard-back version with gold or
: silver lettering whilst the other is a
: colour picture cover of what looks like a
: watch and somesort of watchmaking tool. also
: on the back of some seamasters i have
: noticed an engraving of the omega symbol
: directly below the seamaster emblem which
: seems to be absent from others. can anyone
: clarify if these are indicators of age or
: authenticity? or exactly why they vary?
: finally the seamaster box should be the red
: leather bound one, right? sorry for the long
: post and thanks for your time,dan.

Yes, there are two instruction manuals available for this model. The red hard cover book is the older version of the Omega Inst manual. Since the 2531.80 model has been in production for several years, some will come with the old red book, and others with the new book. The new book I think was issued sometime in 03 or 04.

Some of the newer Omega models come with the Omega Globe engraving. It seems to be the Bond seamaster that have them because My Planet ocean and Seamaster 2054.50 do not have them and both are relatively new. Its an anti counterfitting measure and appears on newer models probably less than 3 years old. However, if counterfitters can copy the watch, they will surely copy the engraving too.

The seamaster box is the red leather bound box.

Just curious as to why the questions, are you looking to buy off the internet? If you are looking to buy new off the internet, there are Authorized dealers that can closely match those prices and you will get the comfort of knowing its a genuine product. Just post a message looking for dealer referrals and someone will "hook" you up. If you are looking for a second hand watch, be extremely careful what you buy as there are a lot of fakes out there.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE