The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Help Help Help

Hi,

I have just got my Speedy Day-Date returned to me from the UK based service center. The INITIAL problem was that once I bought the watch, I noticed there was a fleck of dirt under the crystal. I returned it to Omega in Eastleigh, and it was returned back, 3 and a half weeks later, with scratches on the case and the bracelet, along with an upside down caseback.

I sent it back after useful advice from you guys. I have just received it today, only to find there is a subtle scratch on the face of the watch (acutally on the face, not the crystal) and a mark on the bezel. Further to this, there are further pale flecks of dust on the face.

I spoke with the customer relations officer (Leila Pither), who was no help. Very defensive and somewhat aggressive. More or less said that it was seen by 3 individuals who all said it was in A1 condition before it left the "workshop" and that's that. She didn't really care if I thought there was problems with the dust. If I wanted the bezel attended to, I have to send it back.

I am both upset and disappointed at this. Is this how Omega treat their customers. I wish I had never bought the watch. I am in two minds about sending it to Switzerland, but worried it will get lost, and/or cost a fortune. Also, the usual carrier in the UK (Royal Mail) will not provide insurance for a watch this expensive.

This is turning into joke and I think Omega a putting it on me. Just how many times do I have to return it to Eastleigh. I am totally *@£%&!off!!

Any words of wisdom? I think Omega are just playing me. Please help.

Thanks

Nafees

Messages In This Thread

Help Help Help
Re: Help Help Help
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE