The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

2901.51.82 or 2900.51.82 - Tough Choice To Make *LINK*

I had a hard time choosing between the Planet Ocean watch sizes. The "45.5mm" PO was the 2900.51.82, and the "42mm" PO was the 2901.51.82.

Fortunately, I was able to bring both home from the AD, and then choose which one I get to keep.(Of course I went back and returned the other one)

While at home, I measured the diameter of the POs, from outer tip of bezel, from left to right(at the 9 and 3 position), without the crown. The smaller PO was 39 mm. The bigger PO is 42.5mm. It occurs to me that Omega includes the crown in measuring diameter.

I spent 4 hours analyzing which was better for me. My other watches were 39mm or 40mm, and that was the comfort zone. The POs were both magnificent.

Ultimately, I chose the 39mm because it sat better on my wrist,I didnt have to tighten the strap too much too keep it in place.

With the 42.5mm, it was eating up most of my wrist real estate and I had the strap on tight so that it wont be unwieldy. It also was at times overwhelming to look at.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE