The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Thanks Heaps Steve
In Response To: It could be OK. ()

: Hi Steve

Thanks so much for finding it out for me. I think I can be happy now. Checked the photo, it's exactly the same as mine.

I bought it new from a person who at the time worked for Omega authorised dealer (got some discount from her)but not from Omega shop. So I'm a sort of 90% sure that it's authentic but because I haven't seen this model anywhere get me worry whether she cheated on me or something.

I kept everything the box, cards, the thing is I don't know where I put it. I will check with the card when I find it. Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Kay
: Hi Kay,

: It could well be OK.

: I have a 1995 dealers catalogue which shows a
: model like you describe.

: the model number ( on a bracelet ) is
: 2583.20.00

: the model number ( on a strap ) is 2883.20.03

: Doing a quick google on the 1st number brings
: up the following picture

:

: I would have scanned the Omega catalogue
: picture for you, but to be honest, the
: quality is not very good.

: I wouldn't worry that Omega don't currently
: have a ladies seamaster with a white dial in
: their collection. You bought your watch 6 or
: 7 years ago. The collection has changed in
: that time.

: I checked a 2002 Dealers Catalogue that I have
: & there is not a single ladies Seamaster
: with a white dial shown. So the model was no
: longer available in 2002.

: I hope this eases your mind a bit. But to
: repeat what SD_GR wrote. you don't say
: whether you bought your watch from an
: Authorized dealer or not, or whether you
: bought it new or second hand.

: If you bought it new from a dealer or got a
: good 2nd hand deal, you should have the
: warranty card etc etc with the same 8 digit
: number on them as is on the back of your
: watch.

: There ARE a lot of seamaster fakes out there,
: but not that many ladies fakes.

: Enjoy your watch.

: Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE