The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

It depends..
In Response To: omega flightmaster 911 nos ()

Hi

I'd like to ask the advice of the omega flightmaster experts.
I'm not sure anyone is an expert, but I have an unhealthy interest in flightmasters. I'll see if I can help.

I've seen a new old stock omega flightmaster for sale,with the red sticker still in place on the case back,it as all the right coloured pushers and is an unworn watch,the watch is a cal 911 with no box or papers.
OK. I've never seen a NOS flightmaster, so I have no Idea if they came with the a red sticker on them or not.

Is it NOS or does it look like NOS there is a difference.

Also, It's not a problem, but I often wonder where the box & papers go for all these NOS watches that popup.

The price is 1600 GB pounds.
So that's about 2400 Euros or $3000 US

Is this to much even for nos? or am i better off buying an old example ,getting it refurbished ie new dial hands pushes? will this work out more cost effective?
I don't usually like answering "what is it worth" questions. It would be too much for me.

I had my flightmaster completely rebuilt to NOS standard for about 500 GBP , by Omega Switzerland.

So I'm sure you can do the maths.

Here is a link to a post about my watch

BUT here is where the "IT DEPENDS" comes in.

My watch is NOT NOS. It looks like it, but it has a non-Tritium dial ( It just says "Swiss Made" at the bottom & not "T Swiss Made T" ) & plenty of new parts in it. That doesn't bother me, but it may bother some other collectors & THAT may make a genuine NOS watch worth a LOT more. ( as I said, not to me though )

It's up to you to decide what is important & what you want to spend your money on.

If you decide to go for the NOS watch, I would be 100& certain it is NOS. a simple test is the dial MUST be marked "T SWISS MADE T" otherwise it is a refurbished watch.

If possible, ask the seller if he can open it up & you can see if there are any watchmakers engravings on the inside of the rear cover. If there are, a watchmaker has been in there & I would doubt it is NOS.

Obviously a seller might not want to open up the watch.

I think the flightmaster is such a great looking watch and i only want the best one i can find.
Understood. I agree 100%

I think it even looks better than my huge 3 reg anakin seamaster who is also a great watch but im unsure about the dial?
Doubly understood. I had an Anakin for a couple of months & disliked it intensley, purely due to the dial. IMHO the subdials look like they have been hand painted by a drunken beginner.

any help on these matters ,id be so grateful.

Darren.
I hope this has helped.

Good luck with your decision & let us know what you decide & how you get on.

Finally I'd be interested in seeing the "red Sticker" you are referring to on the case back. Any chance of a pic ?

All the Best

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE