The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

some things to consider *LINK*

Hi Felix

I don't know how many people have worn daily their co axial limited deville with the 2500a. Also Omega sent a letter to coaxial owners to tell them that the service interval was reduced to 6-8 years instead of 10.

When it comes about absolute robusteness in the harshest conditions, the coaxial is not in position to compete wit hthe rolex 303x/313x series of movements.
Dimensions of the coaxial
diameter: 25.6mm
height: 3.9mm

Dimensions of the 3135
diameter: 28.5mm
height: 6mm

The most robust winding system being the jeweled pivot system found in the rolex 3135 and proven since a very long time with the calibre 1030.
The eta2892-a2 calibre on which is based the coaxial was never meant and designed for extreme or harsh conditions. The eta2824-2 on the other hand was used and is used in number of military watches because it is a movement which was well suited for military & diving applications.
How ever the ball bearing system is not supporting very violent shocks and can have a tendancy to unscrew itself if one plays golf with a violent or strong swing or tennis.
The coax 2500c is too new to be judged as fully reliable or robust. Generally thin movements are more suited to watches than tool watches or beaters. For your personnal information Rolex manufactures the largest and the thickest movements on the market, because the firm values robustness and shock resistance over the very long run.

just my two cents

regards

georges

Messages In This Thread

Any "longterm" coax-users (2500) around?
some things to consider *LINK*
Re: some things to consider
Just FYI...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE