The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Bond Seamaster Bump on Clasp

Hi there, I have had enough from my Omega Bond Seamaster with that little bump on the clasp that keeps pressing onto my artery vein and pressure point on my wrist!!

On my new Moon Speedmaster, they seem to have rectified the problem by smoothing out the clasp where the bump used to be.

So I contacted Omega and ask them whether they will exchange my Omega Bond clasp for a smooth clasp and they say that they will do so for a charge of UK £110.

I have agreed and will send my watch in tomorrow. I have a question for anyone out there.

The Omega Bond bracelet is very heavy and I know they have released the titanium version of that (But i don't fancy it as it is this greyish colour as I prefer the stainless steel colour). Have they recently reduced the weight of the new bracelet for the bond model? I just wondered whether the only change with the new model is just removing the bump?

Any thoughts and idea will be useful as I could always opt for the option of having a new bracelet exchanged if there is a lighter bond bracelet out there.

Thanks,
Terry

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE