The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Things Just Get Stranger and Stranger...

Last night I found myself in one of our local malls that always had 2 Omega AD's. I decided to walk down to the Breitling AD just to see what he had. I was blown away when I walked in. This Breitling AD had just become an Omega AD as well. They had a case that was stocked with every model under the sun. They had about four PO chronos, 2 Rattrapantes, a new Bond LE with the swirlies on the dial, and just about every other model.

They just became an AD, so they aren't even listed on Omega's website yet. This is a very small store that sells Tissots and Seikos right in there with the Breitlings and Omegas. In light of what happened to my AD, I have to ask, why did Omega feel the need to add a third AD to the same mall? Does Omega think that we Floridians can't handle the 2 minute walk from one AD to the next? In fact, all three AD's are located in the same half of the mall, and it takes longer to walk to the mall from the parking lot than it does to get from one AD to the others.

This new AD's only other "exclusive" line is Breitling, and, as I said, they have a very small store in a mall with two other AD's. It makes me wonder how Omega can get rid of my AD (in downtown Manhattan where there is a lot more business) while they ADD a third AD to the same shopping mall?

Perhaps Omega will open a boutique in Downtown Disney next. I can see it now - a special "Mousemaster" limited edition line just for the Disney fans. Hmmmm......

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE