The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

skywalker seamaster

Hi gents i purchased a case ref: 145.0023 seamaster from italy for a 1000 euro...ie 750 GBP,aprox 8 months ago.THe reason i purchased the watch was,the size and the style,big big ugly some what 1970 s look, also id seen one model in a shop in bond st London for YIKES!!! 2200 GBP,the model in the london shop was id say 8.75/10.
Well getting back to my watch,well its not perfect,and i thinking of spending a bit of my hard earned cash on fixing this ugly mother!!
but before we get to the point my i say sorry but im still trying to work out how to post a photo on this superb forum,so if my storys half interesting i can email a pick to anyone who is interested.

OK
A... THE CRHOME CASE HAS A TINY CHIP,SHOWING THE TUNGSTEN CASE UNDER BODY,ABOUT A MILL SQUARE,AS YOU KNOW WITH TUNGSTEN ITS NOT JUST A BUFF UP JOB!.
A... IVE SOURCED A NOS CASE 89 GBP.

B THE DIAL IS OKISH APART FROM MY WATCH IS BLACK DIAL WITH THREE RED REGS?? ALL OTHERS IVE SEE ARE 2 RED, 1 BLACK?? FRANKIN DIAL??

B NOS DIAL SOURCED WITH T SWISS MASDE T,80 GBP
C THE INNER TACHYMETRE BEZEL,IS SOME WHAT CREAM COLOURED,THE PRINTS NOT TO BAD BUT THE COLOUR ANNOYS ME? SHOULD IT BE WHITE ?

C I ESTIMATE AROUND 35 GBPS FOR NEW BEZEL,ALOUGH IM YET TO SOURCE ONE??
D ALSO THE RUBBER BLACK SEAL WHICH HOLDS THE INNER CASE DIAL MOVEMENT,THE SAME AS THE SPEEDY 125,IS SHOT AND NEEDS REPLACING,QUOTED 28 GBPS,FOR NEW SEAL. So with the price of parts and labour,through swiss time pieces of uk,the bill is around 350 GBP.
I have to ask by the time ive spent this ,would this watch be a worth while project bearing in mind ive already spent 750 GBP on the watch itself?
im told by a friend in the ww that my three reg is quite a rare bird, up there with the plopofs,and speedy 321 cal??

I just ask of you guys is it worh spending almost 400 GBP on this watch?
is the 3 reg restored a future OMEGA CLASSIC?
again thanks to all the brains out there.
Darren wilson.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE