The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Repaired Seamaster Automatic
In Response To: Repaired Seamaster Automatic ()

: I recently marked the case of my watch when I
: dropped it onto the tiled floor in Kitchen.
: Omega Swatch ( Omega repair agent) have
: replaced the case at a cost of £488 but the
: new case hasnt got the serial number on it.
: I have the original case as well. Why cant
: Omega supply a case with my number on it.

I suspect that it's a cost issue. A new case is just an "off the shelf" part, so for Omega to engrave your original serial number into the new case would be more costly.

: Does this destroy the value of the watch?

Probably not, as long as you have the original case, the repair invoice proving that the case was replaced, and all of the original cards that contain the watch's serial number. This allows you to prove that your watch is authentic and explains why your serial number is absent from the case.

Messages In This Thread

Repaired Seamaster Automatic
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE