The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Congratulations....
In Response To: Congratulations.... ()

: Congratulations, Christoper. I haven't seen the
: new 2221.80 quartz model in person yet,
: since none of my local AD's have them. Also,
: Omega never responsed to my inquiry on the
: price of the quartz model. Can you tell me
: what the retail price was? Thanks, and
: congratulations!!!

: -John

John,
Thank you. Rob at Toppers said the retail price for the discontinued 2541.80 is $1700; the replacement 2221.80 is $1850. I considered both but decided to go with the new model. Amazon was selling a new 2541.80 for $1082 with a 5 year Amazon non-Omega warranty since they are not an AD of course. I also considered buying one on ebay, with some risk, but only one with all the right stuff and references. Of possible interest-I emailed Omega regarding transferabilty of the Omega warranty. Here's the text response:

Dear Mr Herbert,

We thank you for your e-mail and for your interest shown in our brand.

Omega offers the International Warranty to all the owners of Omega watches. Your watch is warranted to be free of manufacturing defects.
Should such defects appear during two years for almost all models and three years for all watches with a co-axial escapement from the date of purchase, repairs will be carried out free of charge in any of more than 130 countries.

Each OMEGA watch is identified with an 8-digit serial number on the case. The 8-digit serial number is also written on the OMEGA international warranty card. The OMEGA international warranty card is given to you by the authorized OMEGA retailer at the purchase of the watch. The OMEGA international warranty only comes into force if the warranty certificate is dated, fully and correctly completed and stamped by an official OMEGA retailer.

Finally, the warranty card is transferable, taking into consideration the above mentioned details.

We hope that the above information is satisfactory to you and remain,
with kind regards,

Maria Mastrodonato
INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMER CARE
§Ù OMEGA SA
RUE STAEMPFLI 96
2500 BIENNE 4
SWITZERLAND
aftersales@omega.ch
www.omegawatches.com

Good Afternoon,
I am writing to inquire about the Omega Seamaster warranty. My understanding is that the non co-axial watches are guaranteed for 2 years; co-axial for 3 years. If the owner has the original receipt and the properly completed warranty cards from an authorized dealer, is the warranty transferrable during the warranty period to a new owner of the watch? Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Christopher Herbert

Regards,

Christopher

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE