The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Manually Winding 2531.80
In Response To: Manually Winding 2531.80 ()

: Hey guys. Less than a month ago I purchased a
: 2531.80. Just recently (during a break) the
: watch stopped due to the fact that it had
: not been worn, thus could not manually wind
: itself. I didnt anticipate riggorous
: movement to keep it wound up. Nevertheless,
: can you over wind the 1120 movement? In the
: Omega operations manual, it says nothing of
: winding untill it stops, as it does with
: nearly all other movements. Is there a
: standard wind rotation(s) I should be using
: when and if this happens again? Can it be
: damaged if you wind it to much? I can
: imagine the wear and tear on the spring; is
: there some mechanism that prevents this
: inside? Thanks guys, as always.

: ~I also noticed that on this movement, the
: second position of the crown has no use (as
: it says in the owners manual). Was this a
: corner cut to save a buck on Omegas part, or
: is there some meaning to it. For instance,
: does it have to do with the date not being
: an instantanious day to day click, rather a
: progressive one? I believe the second
: position is used for date winding on other
: models if im not mistaken. :) Thanks again.

Regarding the date change on your 2531.80, it is an instantanous date change at about midnight. And, the positions of the crown are 1) winding 2) manual date change, and 3) hacking and time setting. If your watch isn't rotating the date wheel in the second position, then something's wrong with it. Try rotating it in opposite direction as you are currently doing and it should change the date. Good luck.

Messages In This Thread

Manually Winding 2531.80
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE