The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: A bombproof watch ???
In Response To: A bombproof watch ??? ()

: I think I own one, a quartz SMP 200 that I
: bought back in '92. It never leaves my
: wrist, even for daily showers(please save me
: the sermon). I beat it to death both in work
: and play. The problem is I have friends who
: need a rugged watch but they have no
: intention of spending more than a couple of
: hundred bucks. What would you recommend for
: these guys? Needs to be a diver but not a
: chronograph, and analog, not digital. Any
: suggestions? Thanks.
: Jeff

Here's the black dialed version of the Monster, the SKX779. I'll echo Steve's thoughts that they are practically indestructable. They are rated for 200 meters / 660 feet so, are full diver's watches. The Seiko 7S26 movement is 21 jewels and is noted for reliability and long life. Prices range from the low $100s to $200 on the internet.

Seiko makes many diving watches with this same movement. The second pic is their SKX007 diver which is also a tough dive watch in their standard dive watch case. They also make this watch with a red/blue Pepsi bezel as the SKX009. Good luck to your friend with his choice.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE