The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

omega repair - update

I posted about three months ago about my SMP not working when I first bought it 6 months ago. Then they repaired it, but sratched it up everywhere. Well after five and a half months - - I finally picked it up and I am very happy to have it back!

It looks good and they completely checked the movement - its running afew seconds fast - which I can live with. And - they replaced everything else - bracelet, clasp, crystal, bezel and body. They showed me the parts that were replaced along with the extra links taken out to match where I had it.

I am pleased that they speeded things up a bit to get it back to me sooner than they normally would have - because I am leaving for a trip for a few weeks tomorrow - even though it took longer than they said it would 2 months- it took twoand a half months. After trying to get through to the omega rep and constantly being trnasfered to someone else - at one time an assistant laughing in my face - I finally got through to him - and after a couple of heated discussions - he agreed to give me a new two year warranty - a docucment I can use there.

The watch looks new - without any scratches - but there are a few things that are a bit off.

1 - The watch body looks like it had the edges sanded down - not what I rememberthe old body to look like. I don't know - is this a slight change in their style or is this a refurbished body , or a body that did not meet inspection because even to the naked eye, it is evident that it is not even on either side of the crown - one side is wider.

2 - The crown under close inspection is not fully polished - smooth - but has some rough spots like painting with dust under it.

3 - My bezel is not fully aligned but off to one side - again noticable to thew naked eye, and my bezel has some play in it - not something I remember from the old one.

4 - I can still barely hear the watch when moving it. My other watches can all be heard. My Naiviter zings and vibrates at the slighest movement.

5 - My crown doies not goe in as smooth as it should.

All in all - these are things I can live with since they did go the to trouble of replacing/repairing everything for me. I only wish that they had done all this in the beginning instead of making me at times demand it. And also, i don;t want to go to the trouble of giving it up and possibly having more mishaps. If I don;t have to deal with the service center again I will be extremely happy and the owner of a good watch.

In the end, I realy like this watch, the way it looks. I personally believe it is the nicest looking diving watch that can still look formal out on the market - my opinion of course.

One regret is I was planning on buying two more omegas - this is on hold and I was not planning to wear this watch much - but now I will make it my daily watch because I want to test it and see if it will endure. If it does, then may be I will make those purchases. I'm worried about the long term quality of this watch which is reasonable after what I have gone through.

In the end I am happy with my watch.

In closing I want to say that a Swiss (I believe) technician at the Swatch Group Service Center was very helpful and very polite and kind. Every place should have a guy like him.

Messages In This Thread

omega repair - update
I'm glad.....
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE