The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: New Speedmaster
In Response To: New Speedmaster ()

: Hi
: I have just purchased a speedmaster pro and I
: have a few questions about it
: 1. Is the movement supposed to hack when the
: crown is pulled out? And if not how do I
: synchronise the seconds

Contgrats on your purchase, and no the speedy pro does not "hack" but see below

: 2. I know the lenses is made from plastic and
: is prone to scratching if I sent it to Omega
: could they replace it with Safire crystal?

Omega will not change it to sapphire for you as Ive heard they do not mix/match parts other than the original. There are several plastic polishing substances that should get the scratches out. I think polywatch is one. You shouldn't have to worry much unless you get a deep scratch. Then you could probably have your local watchmaker install a new one for a reasonable price

: 3. reading the instruction book it says to set
: the time turn the hand forwards or backwards
: but when I try to turn it back there is a
: resistance and the second hand stops but I
: am to scared to turn it any more. Should I
: be able to turn it backwards with out any
: damage occurring?

As per #1 above, you have discovered the trick to hacking the speedy pro. This is the recommended way to set the second hand, a little trick, so to speak. Otherwise, I normally only set the time on my watches by turning clockwise. It just seems more natural to me, but if the manual says you can do both, then I assume you can.

Enjoy the watch. I think its the next one on my list.

Messages In This Thread

New Speedmaster
Re: New Speedmaster
Mike is correct, a little bit more.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE