The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Any avid Divers wear Omega?

I'm not an avid diver, but I am now a full open ocean sailor, and in the Caribbean this includes snorkeling, and free diving to make sure your $%#&^$^%$* anchor is set in the bottom of the bay.

I don't baby my 2293.50 at all, and it has gotten bounced off most of the parts of my boat(s) and exposed to LOTS of freash and saltwater. Here's some pics of a watch that just made an open ocean passage (and back) of 120 miles AT NIGHT in the dark of the moon from St. Thomas to St. Martin, and we had to motor instead of sail in 4 - 6 foot waves. I was at the helm 23 hours straight, and my watch was rubbing against one of the stern rails on my boat while I was hanging on at the helm for all of that time.

As I have mentioned before, the Ti Omegas do not draw attention to themselves at all, and about the only recognition you will get is from WIS's and watch salespeople that will leave you strictly alone because they know your're a serious watch owner. I got to prove this point again in St. Bart's, which is just as high end and as pricey and Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. There were several shops there that had six figure Ulysses Nardin watches in stock, and it was kind of interesting to listen in on some people from the Gold Coast in Chicago getting a sales pitch for a Piaget from one of the salesmen. Rich people on vacation far away from home, talking about buying a 5 figure watch that they don't know anything about, and the sales person telling them that he can send the empty box and papers to them through the mail so they can just "slide through" customs wearing a "used" watch. I don't know what was funnier - the sales pitch to someone who had only heard of Rolexes, or the empty box shipment.

At any rate, I was in about 6 shops like this, and nobody said boo to me once they saw the telltale gunmetal gray of titanium on my wrist. If you know what you're looking at, you can tell it's a titanium Omega from about 10 feet away.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE