The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Omega authenticity criteria

Hi,

I am fairly new to the Omega world and love my seamaster pro (good for diving but hard to read at night) so I would like a new omega with a lighter face. I have been following a couple of Omega Broad Arrow 3551.20 auctions and am attempting to spot replicas (ok, my eyes are bad, I don't know what I'm looking at and I don't want to buy a fake).

I am currently watching two auctions.

ebay item: 120143103545

http://tinyurl.com/25cke5

ebay item 180140062835

http://tinyurl.com/2u2arj

Following is my criteria for authenticity from a visual perspective.

Any feed back would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Bill
Ft. Lauderdale

Bezel
The accent over the 'e' in tachymetre is present on the bezel.

The numbering on the bezel is correct.

Face

I am looking for the flat omega feet , no upturn on the O.

There is a date window. The window is in the correct position.

The chrono dials are not encroaching on the 3 and 9 markers.

The hands are blue.

The second hand is long enough to reach the edge of the markers.

Band

The are numbers on the solid link of the band.

The band is radiused and not flat.

Messages In This Thread

Omega authenticity criteria
My suggestion is.....
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE