The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

No, but Ive got a list of mfgs

You are not likely to find a list of all COSC watches, and why would you want that information in the first place? It would be as Steve described a very exhausting task to go back and list all watches that ever were COSC certified. I did find however, a list of the brand and # of movements that were certified in 2006. See below. Keep in mind this is movements, not watches.

ROLEX 710,752
OMEGA 257,187
BREITLING 182,223
PANERAI 46,454
CHOPARD 23,462
ULYSSE NARDIN 10,111
CORUM 8,189
TAG HEUER 7,450
CHANEL 6,980
MIDO 5,722
PORSCHE DESIGN 3,892
BULGARI 3,698
EBEL 3,516
MONTBLANC 3,471
INVICTA 2,717
TITONI 2,018
ZENITH 1,917
RADO 1,805
ETERNA 1,706
ENICAR 1,672
PAUL PICOT 1,638
SINN 1,596
CHRISTIAN DIOR 1,100

Most all Rolex mechanical watches are COSC certified, except for Sub no date and a few others. Many of Omega's current calibers are certified, and many of Breitling's current calibers are also certified. The other manufacturers have much fewer COSC watches. If you want to start a list of current COSC calibers, we could probably help you with all the Omega calibers and probably Rolex (Rolex is a short list). I would go to their websites for starters. Might take a little looking through the current collection, but they should state which ones are certified and which ones not.

Best of luck,
Mike

Messages In This Thread

hey, everybody! web 4 all COSC watches???
No, but Ive got a list of mfgs
I'm not aware of one...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE