The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

My Omega watches, so far *PIC*

A photo of my watches. I used a phone camera so hence the poor quality.

A friend of mine mentioned the brand in year 2000 and I thought they were far too expensive for me. The one I could probably afford was the Seamaster 120, but I refused to spend my hard-earned cash. The watch was on display at the local dealer for a few years, so were the full-size Seamasters behind it. I wasn't interested in the full-size Seamasters because I thought they were too big for me. A few years later, the dealer had a Speedmaster Professional (moonwatch) on display and that fired up my interest again. It was going to be my first Omega but the dealer didn't offer any discount, so I hesitated to purchase. My thought began to shift to the Seamaster range and the 2254.80 caught my eye. It was beautiful and more affordable but all that changed after watching Die Another Day, I knew I had found the right watch (2531.80). A few days later, I walked into the shop to buy one without trying it on. I have no regret of what I did that day, still very much like the watch. It was very comfortable to wear compared to my Tissot and so I bought a black Seamaster quartz to replace the Tissot as an everday watch.

That Speedmaster Professional is still on display, it has been there for four years now. Pity it has a few scratches on it. I would buy one straight away if Omega decides to discontinue caliber 1861 !

How things have changed since year 2000 but the most memorable thing was the saleswoman who sold me my first Omega. I couldn't get her out of my head ! *heehee*

Messages In This Thread

My Omega watches, so far *PIC*
You made the right decisions.
Re: You made the right decisions.
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE