The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

2007 acquisitions

: We enter a time of reflection, of evaluating
: the year coming to a close and planning for
: the year to come.

: I have also seen postings of My Acquisitions
: This Year. I thought about doing that, but
: the notion of collecting the evidence in a
: single place for my wife to discover . . .
: and the potential consequences . . . .
: Nah!!! :)

Braving the consequences . . .

Deep in a deadline, I had no time to respond to this post earlier. Sorry to be so late

2007 was a big year for acquisitions for me (cringe) I didn't realize how big until I added up . . .

Dress watches on bracelets

The Mack Daddy of this year . . .

1958 Omega Constellation Grand Luxe OT 2930 auto, 18kYG/18kYG, mirrored stepped gold/brickworks (505)

Had to do something for the wife to wear after I got this jewelry piece -- she wears this one

1956 Omega Constellation De Luxe OT 2799 auto, 18kYG/18kYG mesh, mirrored gold/sterling box (354)

1968 Omega Seamaster WG Day Date BC 168.0023 auto, 18kWG/18kWG, silver/chronometer expansion bracelet (751)

This is my "stealth watch" -- white gold and no one gives it a second glance

2004 Cartier Santos Galbee 2139 automatic, SS-YG/SS-YG, guilloche face (200)

something else my wife wanted -- may not be a distinguished watch, but it photographs well and looks great on her wrist

2006 Omega De Ville coaxial 4531.31.00 auto, SS/SS silvered white/brickworks chronometer (2500)

Dress watches on straps

1934 Omega Cushion manual, nickel/leather, silver/subsecond (26.5 SOB T1)

. . . . sent for restoration without a photo

1953 Omega Seamaster Deluxe OT 14324 auto, 18kYG/leather, hooded lugs/chronometer (352)

1950s Blancpain manual, 14k YG, fancy lugs (?)

just haven't gotten a photo yet -- another for the spouse. . .

1969 Omega Constellation auto, 18kYG/leather, gold face/coin edge bezel half hooded (564)

off to be restored -- movement and case in good shape, everything else needed to go

1979 Lanco Astrolon auto,,

how cool -- a plastic movement that doesn't need to be serviced

no photos yet

1991 Omega Louis Brandt II Date 5311.30 auto, 18kYG/leather, white guilloche/21k rotor (1119)

badly in need of restoration -- sent to Bienne

No photos

GMTs/World Timers

1955 Tissot World Timer, 14kYG/leather, world timer function, (28.5 N 21 T)

Literally arrived today -- only time for quick snaps

1984 Omega Louis Brandt GMT auto, 18kYG/leather, GMT limited edition (717)

lots of issues with this one -- sent to Bienne

2000 Omega Seamaster GMT 2538.20 auto, SS/SS, white GMT (1128)

2006 Omega De Ville coaxial GMT 4533.31.00 auto, SS/SS silvered white/brickworks GMT chronometer (2628)

Chronographs

1960s Dubey & Schaldenbrand Index-Mobile Rattrapante manual, 14kGP cap/leather, chronograph (13'")

a cool and clever way to have an inexpensive split seconds or rattrapante chronograph, you won't see one of these every day. This is from the 1960s

And the secret? Look closely at the center of the dial

1970 Heuer Carrera auto, SS/leather, blue/early auto (Heuer 12)

1986 Omega Speedmaster Teutonic Moon ST 345.081 manual, TT 18kYG/TT 18kYG brushed, white/moonphase (866)

Titanium and gold

1997 Omega Seamaster Professional Chrono-Diver 2296.80.00 auto,TT RG/TT RG, blue wave/date-double chrono (1164)

2007 Omega Speedmaster 50th Anniversary Patch 311.30.42.30.01.001 manual, SS/SS, black w/patch/chronograph (1861)

Believe me, there won't be this many next year!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE