|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
|For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega.||Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings.||To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.|
Here's what I said to Rich,
Here's my cut.
- Same basic Omega 1120 chronometer movement, GMT has extra pieces to run the 24 hour hand.
- GMT has no helium escape valve. This is a wash, as nobody with a Pro will ever use it.
- GMT has better night visibility, but Pro's is pretty good. Probably also a wash.
- GMT function is perfect for international air travelers.
- Pro Diver's bezel has a chronograph like utility in that it measures elapsed time against either the hour or the minute hand. It can also be used as a silent alarm/reminder and a lot of other clever things if you care to explore the possibililties.
- GMT tends to cost a bit more. No one really seems to know why.
- JB Pro has attained a icon status approaching that of the Submariner. GMT mystique is nowhere close to its Rolex counterpart, but may become so in the future.