The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Help with Omega Vendors
In Response To: Help with Omega Vendors ()

That model is a beautiful watch. I'll be interested to read what people with more experince than I have to advise.

I will say that I was in your shoes about three weeks ago and wanted to buy a planet ocean. I had no real understanding
of the 'authorized dealer' vs 'grey market'
but did like I do for other stuff I buy and went to Amazon. Basically I rely on Amazon good name to assure me of authenticity. I read about the concept that a grey marketer sells and thought ..... "sounds good to me" and made a purchase.

Then, I received the watch and loved it and then I started to panic when I read
about replicas and fake watches and how
unbelievably clever the crooks can be.
I started to doubt my decision and felt horrible with the notion that I might not have a real omega and that I had been duped.

End of story ,,,, I called Omega and
gave them the serial number on the watch and was able to learn the date of mfg ,,,, to which Authorized dealer it had been sold to , etc. I am perfectly happy with my watch and it keeps perfect time.
and I have a 3 yr warranty from the grey dealer (if thats worth anything)

I am not telling you all this to endorse the grey market, but to tell you that I did have a successfull transaction. knowing more about this part of the business, I would probably just go ahead and buy from a Authorized Dealer and shop the price..... my guess is that some of the AD's in the NY area would be willing to deep discount a watch. but I dont really know.

hope that helps

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE