The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

The new moderator: what are his interests?

It's easy to be interested in watches, and talk about watches -- we all do it. Talk is cheap. But lets discuss what moves me enough to "pull the trigger".

In other words, forget what I talk about, where have I put "money where my mouth is"? This should tell you more about what I'm interested in than conversations.

I don't distinguish between my watches and my wife's. It's kinda pointless, since she wears mostly mens watches these days.

Collection: 10% ladies, 90% mens

I'm passionate about Omega, but not exclusively. In fact, the last three I purchased were not Omega.

Omega 63%
no other brand over 3 watches

I care about what movements are in the watches, and the idiosyncracies of each movement

80% mechanicals (54% auto, 26% manual),
18% quartz,
2% tuning fork

27% chronometer, not including any quartz

What are the age of watches I own . . . mostly vintage

About 35% of my watches are from the 1990s to present
25% from the 1970s and 1980s
23% from the 1950s and 1960s
17% from the 1920s to 1940s

I don't own any pocketwatches or stopwatches -- 100% wristwatches.

How many chronographs versus time only versus other complications?

25% of my watches are chronographs
50% have a date, in some form
19% have additional calendar complications, like day, moonphase, etc.
10% have a GMT, world timer or dual time display
9% have a countdown timer or alarm

I have more gold and "dress" watches than the other moderators.

35% are solid gold
5% are titanium
14% are plated
32% are steel
and the rest are base metals and plastic.

I like unusual pieces of very limited editions. Usually they aren't particularly valuable, just not often seen.

11% of my watches are editions less than 2,000

That's a quick overview, without getting into specifics. You'll see the specific watches when various topics come up.

key words for my interests

vintage
movement oriented
some complicated watches
dressy & some gold
seldom seen watches

Sam

Messages In This Thread

The new moderator: what are his interests?
i like statistics Sam!!
Re: i like statistics Sam!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE