The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Omega Seamaster Chronometer watch running too

: Hi Mike!

: Thanks for the reply. After a few weeks from
: sendind my watch for a service estimate I
: finally got the call today. My jeweller
: explained that Omega will replace the crown
: (what is the crown exactly?) , waterproof
: seals and most importantly fix the
: mechanical precision of the watches
: timekeeping. The estimate is $495 with a 1
: year warranty with Omega so Id have to keep
: my eye on it and make it doesnt mess up
: again. I told them to go ahead... its ashame
: to see my watch to work properly.

: What do you think about the estimate?

The estimate exceeds the Omega overhaul price per this sheet.

http://www.omega.ch/index.php?id=390

The price on this sheet in US$ is about $340 for a complete maintenance. You can see what it includes on the bottom of the page. Crown replacement, replace seals, etc. Exactly what your jeweler quoted you. I beleive it would cost less for you to handle it yourself. Seems that your AD is tacking on a "handling" fee of about $150 or so. A nice little extra for him after the shipping costs. I guess its ok for the trouble, but he's doing you no favors.

Ps. The crown is the part of your watch that you use to manually wind it.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE