The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Quality is like buying Oats...

Stay Away from AuthenticWatches.com Ripoff Posted By: Jeff Date: 2/1/08 06:52:22 GMT

In Response To: Just a Couple of "Wrap Up" Points (jeff stein)

Man These guys are SCAM ARTISTS !

Yeah, perhaps... Even probably...

Although i thought i was getting a deal it turned out to be a HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.

Color me in: not surprised.

I bought a Tag watch from AuthenticWatches.com and i placed my order over the phone. The watch came without the manufacturer serial numbers

Common.

so my local dealer could not tell me if it was real.

Couldn't or wouldnt? In their defense, they are under no obligation to perform a "watch certification service" for fellows who decided to buy from competitors online.

They also said that Tag will not work on the watch

Definately a possibility.

so i called Authentic Watches and i was told that i should've read the disclaimer on their site. HOW WAS I GOING TO READ IT WHEN I PLACED THE ORDER OVER THE PHONE NOONE TOLD ME THE WATCH DOESN'T HAVE SERIAL NUMBERS!

How did you get their phone number?

They said i can return it but they would charge a 10% minimum charge. HOW IS THIS MY FAULT?

Did you do due dilligence with the people you chose to purchase from? Who referred them to you? Did you check them out? Did you think that they somehow magically would have prices better than Authorized Dealers would have, on watches with factory manufacture serial numbers? How did you come to this conclusion?

Nevertheless I'm stuck with this watch or i pay a restocking fee.

It seems that perhaps you entered into an agreement with them without asking for details on their product and policies. Perhaps they didn't go out of their way to inform you about the "gotchas" with buying from them, but if you buy from the metaphoric equivelent of the guy who says "Oh! You're interested in buying a watch?" and the bloke rolls up his sleeve... One has set themselves up for something that is at best not 100% on the up and up.

I don't recommend AuthenticWatches.com to anyone and i advise you to read ALL THE FINE PRINT and buy elsewhere.

That's good advice when doing business with anyone. And the time to do this is PRIOR to reaching for one's wallet, not after you've received the watch.

There's lots of other good watch companies online without this hassles!

Many of them with similar policies.

What a mess and they're still in BUSINESS?

They are called "Gray-Market" dealers for a reason...

Go to youtube.com and put in Authenticwatches.com you'll see we're not the only ones who had problems with them.

Authorized dealers are simply not that difficult to find unless you're in Rancho Cucamonga [and even then]...

Most watch firms have "AD Locators" and if you're interested in purchasing a name brand watch from an Authorized Dealer all you have to do is visit a Brand-Specific forum here or at TimeZone, Watch-u-Seek, PuristPro, or any one of a number of others, post a "Please email me a referral to the ,,forum favorite,, AD" and your email inbox will have a referral within an hour.

If you want a legitimate deal with a reputable firm, one had best seek one out, do one's homework and be willing to pay a fair price. Of course, if one only seeks the absolute cheapest price and are willing to compromise, that's whom the Gray's market to.

It's like my Grandfather used to say:

"Quality is like buying oats. If you want top quality oats, you have to pay a fair price. If, on the other hand, you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse...

That comes a little cheaper."

It's always best to know where your Oats are coming from before you pull your money out to pay for them...

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with time...
Watch Article index: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html,
Watch Links Page: http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/watch.html,
Watch Blog: http://chuckmaddoxwatch.blogspot.com/.

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE