The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: Partial BS
In Response To: Re: Partial BS ()

: Its all a matter of personal choice really.
: Since you are "rough" on the
: watch, maybe every 6-8 years for a full
: service, with maybe
: clean/lube/regulation/pressure check in
: between, if the watch is running poorly.
: Again, personal choice. Ive had mine for
: 5+years and don't plan to do a full service
: any time soon because Im not hard on
: watches. If it konks out, Ill just have a
: local service it. Maybe at 10 years Ill get
: it fully serviced.

Omega recommends service every three years. It is a matter of personal choice, but would you service your car only when it "conks out"?

There is "mechanical" service and "appearance" service. One is maintenance, one is restoration.

I get my watches serviced about every 4 to 5 years, figuring the manufacturer put in a cushion.

A routine service from a local watchmaker, COA clean-oil-adjust, is perhaps $75-$150 for a time and date watch, with cost added for buffing out the crystal and refinishing the case.

The added cost from Omega is for vintage parts and restoration to the original appearance.

Just an alternative view, which may or may not be correct!

Sam

Messages In This Thread

$400 repair?
Partial BS
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE